was established with the aim of providing quality higher education on par with international standards. The global standards set at VIT in the field of teaching and research spur us on in our relentless pursuit of excellence.VIT FACTS:
- Over 2,23,000 appeared for the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) in 2017
- The institution offers 36 Undergraduate, 31 Post graduate, 4 Integrated and 3 Research Programmes.
- NAAC has re-accredited VIT University with an ‘A’ grade.
- A 360-acre eco-friendly campus with over 50.83 lakh sq.ft. built-up space at Vellore.
- A 170 acre eco-friendly second campus at Chennai.
- Over 35,000 students, with nearly 1/3rd of them women
- Students from 60 countries as well as from every state in India
- Over 1400 faculty and 1413 staff.
- VIT has been accredited by TCS, Wipro and Cognizant for academic collaboration and placements.
- Entered the Limca Book of Records for Campus Recruitment.
is a Common Entrance Exam and Eligible candidates can select the courses offered at VIT Vellore Campus, Chennai Campus, VIT-Bhopal and VIT-AP on the day of Counselling as per the merit and availability.VITEEE-2018
– Date of issue of Online/Offline Application forms : From 9th November 2017
onwards.VITEEE – 2018 – Question Pattern
Date of Exam : 04.04.2018 to 15.04.2018
- PCME (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English) – 120 questions (Each 40 questions) & English 5 questions = Total 125 questions. Candidates appearing in PCME is eligible for all the B.Tech. Degree programmes as per the VITEEE ranking
- PCBE (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English) – 120 questions ( Each 40 questions) & English 5 questions = Total 125 questions . Candidates appearing in PCBE is eligible only for B.Tech. Bio-stream Degree programmes (Biotechnology, Biomedical and CSE with spec. in Bioinformatics) as per the VITEEE ranking
- No Negative marks for wrong answers
- All Questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
Number of Sessions: 3 sessions per dayExam Timings: (IST) :
I Session : 09.00 am to 11.30 amII Session : 12.30 pm to 03.00 pmIII Session : 04.00 pm to 06.30 pm(IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON HOW IS WORKS: Equating is a statistical process that is used to adjust scores on test forms (that are approximately equivalent) so that scores on the forms can be used interchangeably. Thus, equating is used to adjust scores of candidates who have taken different forms of a test, in order to facilitate meaningful and fair comparison for merit list and ranking of these candidates. The statistical procedure of Equipercentile Equating would be used by VIT to identify the percentile ranks for candidates, such that scores on different forms with the same percentile rank are considered to be equivalent. Thus, Percentile Rank is a unique and invariant position of the test taker in that group. A percentile Rank, say 90 Percentile Rank denotes that there are 90 percent of test takers scores below this score level and 10 percent above this test score. Candidates are advised not to make assumptions and predictions of their score or rank based on their own estimates of raw scores. Since it is Computer Based Test (CBT), there is no revaluation of VITEEE answers as per the VIT Norms.)Tentative Dates of VITEEE-2018 Schedule: (IMPORTANT)
- Application Filling, Creating Login credentials using email id and mobile number – From November 2017
- Editing the Online Application – upto February 2018
- Slot Booking (PCME/PCBE) and Hall ticket generation –in March 2018
- VITEEE-2018 – in April 2018
- VITEEE-2018 Result Declaration – End of April 2018
Note: All Admissions are only through Counseling as per VITEEE-2018 ranking.GUIDELINES TO VITEEE – 2018 APPLICANTS Cost of the Application : Rs.1150/- (inclusive of GST)
Cost of Offline Application Forms : Rs.1200/- (inclusive of GST)
- Get ready with the following to submit the online form:Soft copy of recently taken passport size colour photograph
- Soft copy of Signature of the Candidate
- Scanned copy of Aadhar Card/proof of enrollment ID for Aadhar Card is to be submitted, at the time of counseling.
- Online mode(Net banking / Debit card / Credit card) NO HARDCOPY TO BE SENDDD / NEFT Mode – It is mandatory for NRI candidates to send the hardcopy of the application form along with the NEFT Transfer copy / Demand Draft of 50 USD (write your name and application no. on the reverse side of DD) after the process of completion.
available to VIT Campus and few post offices across India.ELIGIBILITY NORMS :
NOTE: The Eligibility and selection process considering the VITEEE-2018 will be subject to any changes that NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) may propose for Engineering Institutions to follow, in the academic year
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1996 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2018
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2018 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the SC/ST & North Eastern State candidates.
- Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
- ‘NIOS’ candidates are eligible to appear for the VITEEE-2018