“Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller”

– Ibn Battuta



Canada’s high academic standards and rigorous quality controls mean that you’ll be earning a high-quality education that will open doors for your future and benefit your career over the long term. A Canadian degree, diploma or certificate is globally recognized as being equivalent to those obtained from the United States or Commonwealth countries.

Why Study in CANADA ?

The quality of education and living standards in Canada are amongst the highest in the world, but the cost of living and tuition fees for international students are generally lower than in other countries such as the United States and the United Kingdom. As such, Canada is often the preferred choice for students attending college or university.

With almost all of the world’s ethnic groups represented in Canada, it’s hard not to find ethnic foods and recreation activities associated with specific cultures. While you may have heard of or experienced Canadians’ friendly and open nature, you may not have known that the United Nations consistently ranks Canada as one of the best places in the world to live. As an international student in Canada, you’ll enjoy all of the same freedoms which protect Canadians – respect for human rights, equality, and a stable and peaceful society.

Did you know that Canada is a bilingual country and is considered a world leader in language training? Since teaching French and English as a first and second language is an integral part of a Canadian education, you will be able to improve your fluency and capacity for either language as you further your studies.

Canada’s post-secondary campuses aren’t only wired with the latest in sophisticated technology, but countless other modern amenities as well. From Olympic-quality sports facilities to public concert halls and art galleries, Canada’s post-secondary campuses offer you enormous possibilities for learning and leisure. Plus, you’ll have incredible opportunities to meet like-minded individuals and gain valuable experience through student-run governments, radio, newspapers and businesses.

Innovative and abundant research opportunities
Since research is one of the key components of a Canadian post-secondary education, you’ll have ample opportunity to become a part of this vibrant aspect of education. In Canada, government and industry together support research including: telecommunications, medicine, agriculture, computer technology, and environmental science.

Under Canada’s highly dynamic and hands-on academic environment, you will not only acquire knowledge and skills in analysis and communication, but you will also learn how to express yourself, demonstrate your creativity, and develop your self-confidence! Teachers and professors are always available and eager to help with lessons, and studies fuse academic excellence with interaction and collaboration in the classroom.

Did you know that some international students with Canadian credentials and Canadian work experience may apply for permanent residency without having to leave Canada? So, why wait?


In Canada, as in many countries throughout the world, postsecondary education is constantly evolving. Educational systems across the country change as governments and education authorities identify new priorities and develop strategies to respond to the needs of a rapidly changing world. This report presents an overview of postsecondary education systems in Canada — their historical background, how they are structured, and how they function. It is important to note that in Canada, postsecondary education encompasses all types of formal instructional programs beyond secondary school, including academic, vocational, technical, and continuing professional education offered primarily by universities, colleges, and institutes.

TYPES OF EDUCATIONAL DEGREE:Universities and university colleges focus on degree programs but may also offer some diplomas and certificates, often in professional designations. University degrees are offered at three consecutive levels: Bachelor’s level students can enter after having successfully completed secondary school or the two-year cégep program in Quebec.

  • Bachelor’s degrees require three or four years of full-time study, but this depends on the province and whether the program is general or specialized.
  • A Master’s Degree typically requires two years of study after the bachelor’s degree.
  • For a Doctoral Degree, three to five years of additional study and research plus a dissertation are the normal requirements.

For regulated professions such as medicine, law, education and social work, the education system in Canada generally requires an work placement to obtain a license to practice.

Degree-granting institutions in Canada focus on teaching and research. Teaching is the other key function, whether at the small liberal arts universities that primarily offer undergraduate degrees or at the large, comprehensive institutions that offer more. Registration varies from about 2,000 students at some institutions to a full-time enrollment of over 62,000 at the University of Toronto, Canada’s largest English-language university.

Keep in mind that unregulated educational institutions in Canada are privately run commercial enterprises with no regulations.  It’s recommended to know the states of an educational institution to understand the quality of a certain program.

We give accurate and up-to-date information about Canadian universities to the student and help them interpret that information. Our experienced staff streamline the application process for students. 

  • Course Information & Application
  • Pre-processing
  • Admission process
  • Visa counseling
  • Pre-Departure counseling
  • Financial Preparation
  • Travel arrangement
  • Foreign Exchange

Canadian universities intake students in three seasons.

  • SPRING (January/February)
  • FALL (August/September)
  • SUMMER (April/May)

Most of the universities intake students during Spring and Fall. Few have Summer courses. Some institutions operate on a semester or trimester system which allows them to accept students intake in September, January or May. 


Specific entry requirements in Canada vary from one institution to another. There is no general entry exam for universities; each university has its own criteria and you apply directly to them. Therefore, it is important to check what documents you need to supply and make sure you apply well before the closing date to increase your chances of getting accepted.


  • Completion of an undergraduate degree from an accredited/recognized university
  • High level of academic achievement in previous studies
  • Strong reference letters
  • Written Statements
  • Standardized tests such as the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)


For admission into bachelor-level programs, students usually must have completed secondary school. There may also be course-content requirements or grade-point average minimums. As undergraduate schools have limited space, there is competition for admission. For most, the greatest competition comes from high school students, meaning the two most basic entrance criteria are the successful completion of high school and competency in one of the two official languages (English in most of Canada, and either English or French in Quebec and New Brunswick).


For admission into a master’s degree program in Canada, students must complete a bachelor’s degree and submit the documents required by the university.

For entry into a doctorate degree program, students must have completed their masters. Students must have the fundamental theoretical knowledge to carry out their independent studies. In order to determine a candidate’s suitability for a PhD, students will generally have a supervisor to “vouch” for them.

Tuition fees in Canada vary by institution and province, but the cost is more affordable when compared to other countries around the world.
The average price for international undergraduate students start at around CA$14,000 (US$10,414) per year. The average price for international postgraduate students is around CA$42,000 (US$31,243) per year. Institutions which do not grant degrees to students are usually cheaper than universities.

For more specialized fields of study, tuition fees in Canada range from CA$12,183 (US$9,143) for nursing graduate programs or CA$13,962 (US$10,478) for Education degree, to CA$53,105 (US$39,855) for an undergraduate dentistry degree.

Scholarships are available for both undergraduate and graduate studies and they can be helpful covering tuition fees in Canada, and some of them also cover living expenses. Start early to search for scholarships or grants, it takes time to gather all the documents and prepare an outstanding application.


Canada is encouraging International Students to stay back after their studies. The new Work Permit Program states that International students who have studied for 2 years can obtain an Open Work Permit with no restrictions on the type of employment and no requirements of a Job offer for 3 years.

Students who study a one year program are eligible for a one year Work Permit.

Virtual Edu consultants will guide you in applying for visa which is often seen as complicated.

International student wishing to enroll in a higher education program in Canada for more than six months should have a study permit before they enter the country.
Before applying for a student visa in Canada, you must first get a letter of acceptance from the university. The letter must be issued by the Canadian institution (e.g. school district, University, etc.) on official letterhead, show the exact amount of tuition fees you are required to pay, the anticipated starting and finishing dates and the date by which you need to register.
Once you have your acceptance letter, you can complete and submit an application online for a study permit. To study in Quebec, students must obtain a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) issued by the Ministère de l’Immigration, Diversité et Inclusion (MIDI). The educational institution should provide the student with all the details related to applying for a school in Quebec.

Entry Requirements for Higher Education in Canada
In addition to providing an acceptance letter from the university, to get a student visa in Canada you must demonstrate to the officer that you:
Meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, including leaving Canada at the end of your studies.

  • Acceptance letter from the university
  • Proof of financial support.
  • If the duration of your studies in Canada will be less than a year, proof of financial support for the duration of your studies in Canada.
  • If the duration of your studies in Canada will be more than a year, proof of financial support for the first year of your studies in Canada.
  • Have no record of criminal activity. You may be asked to provide a Police Clearance Certificate.
  • Medical examination to prove that you are in good health.

Virtual Edu will help you from start to finish, providing assistance in organizing all necessary documents, filling the forms, and interview guidance. 

Canada is a country with an excellent standard of living and where there are many opportunities to get some experience in your field of studies. As a bilingual, safe and welcoming place, Canada won’t disappoint students who are looking to broaden their horizons.

According to QS World University Rankings, three Canadian cities, Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver, made the list of the top 50 student cities. The ranking was based on several criteria, including affordability, the diversity of the student population, and employers’ perception of graduates on the job market.

Canada boasts an enviable quality of life, with a cost of living (e.g., housing, transportation, tuition) that is lower than in other countries, such as the US, France and the UK, and offers safety, stability and respect for the rights of individuals and communities.

Virtual Edu officially represents below universities in CANADA.



When you plan to pursue a short-term or full degree program in the Canada, ACADEMICALAYA recommends you to go through the resources you need in ‘Know more on Study in Canada’.

Frequently Asked Questions

Universities are educational institutions attended after at least 12 years of school, or after secondary school, for studies leading to a degree and research. All Canadian Universities four year bachelors degree programs; most offer one to two years master’s degree and a number also offer doctoral or PhD programs. Bachelors Degrees can be granted by Universities, some colleges and some Institutes in Canada.

Community colleges are two-year institutions that offer technical or vocational courses, or courses for transfer to a university, leading to a certificate or diploma. These colleges do not generally offer degree programs.

A small number of Canadian government awards programs are offered to exceptional students each year. Similarly, a number of Canadian institutions offer needs-based entrance scholarships for international students of high academic distinction. Information can be obtained through the financial aid office of the individual universities and colleges. 

Paper applications are processed in an average of seven weeks, with processing times ranging from two to 19 weeks, depending on the visa office. Processing times are usually significantly lower using online methods.

Most post-secondary students may change their learning institution, program, and/or field of study without needing to apply for a new study permit. The same applies for post-secondary students changing their level of study (i.e. from a bachelor’s to master’s program). Please check the conditions listed on the study permit to verify whether the study permit restricts the holder to studying at a particular institution or program.
If a student transfers to a school, college, or university in Quebec, he or she will need to apply for a CAQ and, if necessary, a new study permit.

Primary students who are entering high school, as well as high school students who will move on to post-secondary education, must apply to modify their study permit. Students who are changing learning institutions must inform IRCC of their institution changes.

An applicant may need a criminal record check if he or she intends to come to Canada as a student. If required, he or she will have to obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where he or she has lived for six or more months consecutively since the age of 18. Police certificates are required to determine if applicants have a criminal record. They also help visa officers make sure applicants are not a security risk to Canada.

An individual who has studied full-time at a qualifying institution for at least eight months may apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) within 90 days of receiving the final marks. The study permit must be valid at the time of the application. The PGWP is generally issued for the same duration as the applicant’s studies, but for a minimum of eight months and a maximum of three years.

If a potential student plans to study full-time, his or her spouse or common-law partner may be eligible for an open work permit. He or she must pass a medical exam. An offer of employment is not required. This open work permit is appropriate if the spouse is accompanying the student but is not a student himself or herself. In the study permit application, the applicant should indicate that the spouse will accompanying him or her to Canada. The applicant could mention in the application cover letter that he or she want an open work permit for his or her spouse.
If the accompanying spouse wishes to study here, he or she should apply for his or her own study permit.

Yes. Furthermore, an applicant may submit an application for a study permit for his or her accompanying minor children. This can be done when the applicants submits his or her own study permit application. A letter of acceptance from a Canadian DLI will not be required for accompanying minor children who intend to study in Canada.
If an individual is already in Canada on a study or work permit, his or her accompanying minor child may study without a study permit.

The age of majority is different in each province and territory, although it is usually 18 or 19 years of age. Anyone under the age of majority is considered to be a minor.

Study in Canada - International Education

*Video Courtesy: EduCanada 



Call Us :+61 2 8006 7722
Whats App :+61 4 7616 2007
Call us (USA): +1 415 800 4772
Twitter  Facebook  instagram  LinkedIn  YouTube  <!-- Snapchat   -->Pinterest
edX Courses
Coursera Courses
Mindvalley Program
Udacity Courses
Udemy Courses